Tournament: Wexford Plantation Intercollegiate
Location: Hilton Head Island, S.C. (Wexford Plantation Course), February 17-18, 2014
Course Info: Par 72 – 6,913 Yards
BALL RALLIES FOR VICTORY
- Sophomore Adam Ball fired a course-record 66 in Tuesday’s final round to rally past Presbyterian’s Davis Parker and earn his first collegiate victory.
- Ball trailed by a stroke heading into the final three holes of the day, but birdied No. 16 to pull even with Davis. Ball vaulted into the lead on No. 17 when he saved par and Davis carded a bogey.
- Ball is the first Ram to capture an individual tournament title since Rafael Campos won the Landfall Tradition on Nov. 2, 2008. Ball (73-73-66=212) finished 4-under par for the 54-hole tournament.
- It was Ball’s first college win after several near-misses. The Richmond native had recorded five top-10 finishes in his previous 11 VCU tournaments.
- Ball led the field with 15 birdies in the tournament and was second in both par 3 (-2) and par 5 (-5) scoring. He birdied six holes during the final round alone.